Ghostbusters Plus Review
Who you gonna call? IGT has delivered an opportunity to act as a paranormal pest controller through this Ghostbusters Plus slot. The cult movie has been brought to the reels, but they’re infested with ghosts! Read our Ghostbusters Plus review to learn how to defeat them, level up and trigger the special features round.
What We Investigated in This Ghostbusters Plus Slot Review
Big names like Ghostbusters can undoubtedly draw attention. However, we want to be sure that there’s some substance behind that. Besides looking for authentic artwork from the movie, we also checked the following aspects:
- RTP: What percentage is the theoretical Return to Player for the slot?
- Volatility: Can you expect to have to wait awhile for larger wins, or will they be frequent but smaller?
- Autoplay options: Can you program the reels to spin automatically without pressing the button?
- Min and max bet: Does the game suit every budget? How low and how high does the total bet go?
- Maximum win: What’s the biggest payout that you can get from this slot?
- Theme and slot symbols: What’s the theme, and do the symbols make it apparent?
- Features: What makes the gameplay more interesting? Are there multipliers or cascading reels?
- Special features game: Can you progress from the base game for more opportunities to win?
- Graphics & sound: Is the slot immersive, and how do the music and animations affect the experience?
Ghostbusters Plus Symbols and Payouts
Image-wise, while you can expect to see some of your old favourites from the movie on the reels, you need to know what they mean. Keep reading to discover the fundamental game mechanics, including volatility and RTP.
The game and movie logo is the highest value symbol. After that comes the character icons of the four ghostbusters Peter, Raymond, Egon and Winston. The low-paying symbols are the playing cards J, Q, K and A drawn in a style that fits the theme.
The game has 20 fixed paylines, and it costs a minimum of $0.25 to cover them all. The slot pays from left to right, with each line win multiplied by the bet value.
Min/Max Bets and the Slot’s Autoplay Options
The spin button with a plus icon gives you access to autoplay. The lowest bet is with a coin value of 0.01, giving you a total bet of $0.25. The highest coin value for all paylines active is 30, which means a total bet of $750.
Ghostbusters Plus RTP
The RTP of the Ghostbusters Plus online is provided as a range. At its lowest, it can be 93.99% but can go up to 98%.
It’s a medium volatility slot, which means you’ll likely experience a mixture of small, frequent wins and some payouts that are a bit larger but occur less often.
This slot doesn’t have a jackpot. However, you can set your sights on the top prize, 25,000x your stake.
We Ain’t Afraid of No Ghosts!
The max RTP of 98% is above average, making the game attractive whether you’re a Ghostbusters fan or not. The original artwork for the character symbols, the high max win and the medium volatility all add to the appeal, getting this slot off to a great start in our review.
This slot is all about features. Like the movie, it’s packed full of action that manages to stay true to the storyline.
Wilds, Additional Spins and Level-ups
Ghostbusters Plus is a complex game with different symbols and gameplay features that mean you can progress through the slot to increase your wins.
The game logo is not only the highest paying icon, but it also acts as the Wild. It substitutes for all symbols except the scatter and the ghosts.
Ghost symbols appear on the central reel. You might get the chance to zap a ghost three times in one battle. When you zap the ghost, it loses health from the meter and drops a Ghost Wild into the queue. Once the health meter is depleted, the ghost is captured, and you move up a level.
Ghost Wilds are stored in the queue during your Ghost Battle. The Wild furthest to the left of the queue will be awarded on the next spin. If there’s more than one in the queue, they’ll be applied in turn over the subsequent spins.
There are 12 Ghost Wilds that fit into three categories: multiplier, expanding and extra. It’s possible to unlock the following features:
- 3x multiplier
- 5x multiplier
- 10x multiplier
- 25x multiplier – only appears in additional spins round
- Horizontal expansion – expands to the horizontally adjacent positions
- Diagonal expansion – expands to the diagonally adjacent positions
- Horizontal and vertical expansion – expands to the horizontally and vertically adjacent positions
- Full expansion – expands to all adjacent positions and only appears in additional spins round
- +2 – adds two Wilds
- +3 – adds three Wilds
- +4 – adds four Wilds
- +5 – adds five Wilds and only appears in additional spins round
Players start at level one, which determines which ghost you see on the third reel. Once you capture Slimer, you move up to level two. Each time you level up, you get a new ghost to capture.
You also unlock different special symbols and features in the game, such as better Ghost Wilds and another Equipment Feature.
Moving through the levels gives you a payback boost, which increases the RTP. There are nine ghosts in total, including the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. When you reach level 10, you activate the Tobin’s Spirit Guide feature. The slot will then have 98% RTP, and you can choose which ghost to fight.
As you move up the levels, you’ll unlock the Equipment Features. Any one of the unlocked features can trigger at random during the base game.
- Proton Pack – turns royal playing card symbols into a character symbol, depending on which is the most numerous on the grid.
- Ghost Sniffer – reveals a ghost icon to trigger Ghost Battle.
- PKE Meter – turns up to four chosen royal playing card symbols wild.
- Ecto Goggles – reveals a scatter symbol when two others are present on the reels to trigger the additional spins feature.
- Psychogram Helmet – reveals two scatter symbols when one is present on the reels, triggering the additional spins feature.
Landing three Zuul scatters on reels one, three and five triggers the additional spins round. In Zuul Battle, you can try to zap her five times to start the spins. Each successful strike earns you a spin and a Ghost Wild. You can re-trigger the feature by landing three scatters again; you get two more zaps each time, up to a maximum of 25 additional spins in total.
Ghostbusters Plus Graphics and Sound
Not only do we want to know whether this slot is immersive, but Ghostbusters Plus online also has a blockbuster movie to live up to.
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Music||Not the original soundtrack, but still fits with the theme.|
|Special features||The central reel becomes electrified when a ghost might appear. The character artwork shows different images from the movie when you land a winning combo.|
Full of Features That Make You Feel Like an Actual Ghostbuster
The game is complex, which is fantastic, as you won’t get bored easily. There are features that trigger frequently and some that are harder to get. Moving up the levels takes time, which means the game stays fresh.
On the other hand, you would have to spin many times to get the 98% RTP. Plus, it’s a shame you don’t get to listen to the original song.
Solutions For Problems With Ghostbusters Plus
The streams have crossed, and something’s gone wrong. Read on to find out what you can do about it.
- My game is frozen; what should I do? — refreshing the page might let you back in. Unfortunately, your progress through the levels will be lost. If it happens frequently, contact customer support.
- My bet wasn’t accepted; why not? — If you have enough funds to bet, there could’ve been a game malfunction. Wait a few moments and retry. You might need to refresh the page to restart the game.
Battle Ghosts To Improve Your Payouts
Despite the medium volatility, this game does require some patience to see maximum results. The max win comes from the 25x multiplier in the Zuul Battle, and the max RTP is only achieved by reaching level 10.
That being said, there’s so much fun to be had on the way to the top. There are plenty of features, such as the Ghost Battles, Wilds, and Equipment to keep you entertained. We rate it 9/10.
Other Games Similar to Ghostbusters Plus Slot
Getting into the supernatural spirit? Try these other games:
- The Goonies – if you love movies as slots, another spooky 80s classic won’t disappoint.
- The Walking Dead – instead of ghosts, you’ll have zombies to contend with in this TV-themed slot.
What is a Level Up Plus slot?
The slot is called Ghostbusters Plus as it has the Level Up Plus feature, where the payout percentage is boosted as you progress.
What is the RTP?
The RTP range is 93.99% up to 98%.
How do I level up?
You level up by landing a ghost symbol, then battling and capturing it.
What’s the max win?
The maximum win is 25,000x your total stake.