Book of Dead review
If you want to find out if this slot is for you, keep reading our review below as we go through all the details.
|Above average RTP at 96.21%||High volatility may turn some players away|
|Several interesting mechanics like expanding symbols|
|Excellent visuals and sound produce an immersive game|
How We Tested Book of Dead
Each slot we review is examined thoroughly in several areas. You can see the main factors we consider below.
- The slot symbols: Learn about each symbol, including the special symbols and their functions.
- Minimum and maximum bet, autoplay option: What’s the minimum you need to play the game, what’s the max you can bet, and how does the autoplay work?
- The payout rate: We discuss the RTP (return to player) of the slot and its implications.
- Volatility: Volatility deals with how often you can expect to win and if the payouts will be big or small.
- Hit frequency: How often can you expect to get a winning payline?
- Jackpot and/or maximum win: We talk about the maxim win potential and if any jackpots are present.
- Wilds, re-spins and other functions: We explain all the in-game features and game mechanics.
- Extra game: If there are any extra games or special rounds, we explain how they work.
- Graphics & sound: Finally we look at the game’s visuals, background, and sound effects.
Book of Dead Symbols & Payouts
Learn more about the symbols, payouts, volatility, and other related information in this section.
You’ll find that Book of Dead incorporates an Egyptian theme and imagery. The premium symbols are Rich Wilde, a Pharaoh’s mask, Anubis, and a Phoenix. The lower paying symbols are the royals, in a hieroglyphic style.
Below are the payouts for all the symbols.
There are 10 paylines in Book of Dead, which pay left to right. Only the highest win per payline is awarded.
Min/max bet, autoplay option
Book of Dead online offers a wide betting range. You can wager anywhere between $0.10 to $100. You can also use the autoplay option, which includes things like loss limits.
RTP means return to player, which is an estimate of how much return a slot offers. The RTP here is 96.21%, which is a respectable value. The average for slots is 96%, so Book of Dead is a little better than most other titles. Keep an eye out for High RTP slots.
This is considered a high volatility game. As a result, it’s not recommended for more cautious players. It’s possible you can go several rounds without any wins, but when you get a payout, it tends to be bigger.
Jackpot and/or maximum win
Book of Dead doesn’t have any jackpots up for grabs. However, you can win a maximum of 5,000x your wager.
High volatility games aren’t for everyone, but the main attraction is always the potential for those larger wins. With an RTP of 96.21%, Book of Dead has an above-average return as well.
Book of Dead online has several exciting game mechanics. Learn all about them below and what it takes to activate the special features.
Wilds, re-spins and other features
Wild symbols and extra spins are usually staples in any slot game. Let’s start by looking at these first and how they work in Book of Dead.
The wild symbol is a gold book with a scarab on the front, from which the game is named after. Wilds substitute for other paying symbols to help you win.
Interestingly, the wild also acts as the scatter symbol. If you manage to land three of these together, you’ll unlock 10 extra spins. During these additional spins, one symbol will become a special expanding symbol. That means when it appears, it’ll expand to cover the whole reel.
If you get a winning payline, you’ll be asked if you want to collect or gamble your winnings. If you choose to play, you get taken to a separate mini-game where you have to choose between black or red.
For your payout to be increased, the card that appears has to be the colour you picked. If it’s the wrong colour, though, you’ll lose.
Book of Dead Graphics & Sound
Below, we look at the final aspect of Book of Dead, which is the graphics and sound. See what we think.
|Optimized for Mobile||👍|
|Special features||Flashing symbols|
Book of Dead is definitely an excellent-looking game, from the symbols to the background. Combined with the music, it brilliantly captures the theme of Rich Wilde exploring an Egyptian Tomb for treasures and artifacts.
Solutions if You Have Some Issues With a Game
Here are a few solutions in case you run into any problems with the slot
- If you have trouble loading the game, or it’s playing slowly, check your internet connection. Also, try refreshing the page and loading again.
- In case the game freezes during gameplay, the information is stored until you open the game again. Then, you can continue from where the game was interrupted.
It’s easy to see why Book of Dead became so popular. You’ve got excellent visuals and sound, great game mechanics, a wide betting range, and an above-average RTP. Rich Wilde also stars in several other similar games, helping to create a familiar character.
The main drawback (though it’s seen as a great feature by some) might be the high volatility. This makes Book of Dead a little riskier than most slots, but it could pay off. Ultimately, we give Book of Dead a fantastic score of 90/100, as one of the best slots right now.
Other Slots to Play if You Like Book of Dead Slot
There’s no shortage of other fun games you can play at an online casino in Ontario. Check out any of these three titles if you enjoyed playing Book of Dead!
- Rich Wilde and the Pearls of India
- Coins of Egypt
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I play Book of Dead for free?
Yes, it’s entirely possible to play for free, without making any real money wagers. Once you create an account at an online casino in Ontario, you should have access to free play slots like Book of Dead.
- Is Play’n GO a reputable developer?
Yes, Play’n GO is very reputable, fully licensed, and one of the largest and most well-known slot producers around.
- What’s the RTP for Book of Dead?
The RTP is 96.21%, which makes this slot above average.